See you next year!
Back for the 2022 season, Fort Henry will be transformed once again into the enchanted wonderland that is Pumpkinferno. Guests of all ages will tour the spectacular outdoor experience of glowing pumpkins inside the walls of this historic site.
|Dates & Times
|September 30, 2022 7:15 pm - October 19, 2022 10:15 pm
|October 20, 2022 6:45 pm - October 31, 2022 10:15 pm
|General admission (5+ years of age)
||$20 (plus HST)
|Military (with ID)
||$10 (plus HST)
|Child (ages 0-4)
Before You Visit
- Tickets for Pumpkinferno are on sale exclusively online.
- Pumpkinferno has limited capacity and most nights are expected to sell out.
- To secure your desired date & time, purchase your tickets in advance prior to arrival, as a limited number of entries are available per evening and per time slot.
- Plan to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before to your scheduled time.
- Tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
Pumpkinferno is a family event, and all ages are welcome.
Located at 1 Fort Henry Drive, Kingston, Ontario.
Open 7 nights a week from Friday, September 30 to Sunday, October 30, 2022.
- September 30 to October 19 from 7:15 pm – 10:15 pm
- October 20 to October 31 from 6:45 pm – 10:15 pm
The last ticket is available for the 9:15pm-9:45pm time slot.
Parking is available at no charge on-site.
This event primarily takes place outdoors. Please dress according to the weather.
The Pumpkinferno experience is approximately 45-60 minutes. Guests can enjoy the event at their own pace.
- Yes, the Pumpkinferno tour is designed along an open route that will ensure guests enjoy ample viewing space of the exhibits.
- The tour route can accommodate mobility aids such as wheelchairs (though can be affected by weather conditions). Please note the tour grounds include a mix of cement and gravel.
- All-terrain wheelchairs are recommended. There will also be various seating areas along the experience route, should you need to take a quick rest.
Only service animals are permitted.
- As Pumpkinferno is an outdoor event, it will be offered rain or shine. In the chance of inclement weather, we may choose to close and will post cancelled evenings on Fort Henry’s social media channels.
If you wish to postpone your visit due to inclement weather, please contact us via the below button in advance of your visit to exchange your ticket for a different date and time.
- Please note that a date change request is subject to availability and will only be accepted prior to ticket redemption or arrival onsite. Tickets are non-refundable.
- Yes, you are encouraged to take photos and share on social media, but please avoid using a flash. The event hashtag is #Pumpkinferno and #FortHenry.
- If you are media, please contact us so that arrangements can be coordinated:
Retail & Dining
- BeaverTails will be open nightly from 6:30pm to 10:30pm.The following will also be available: hot dogs, burgers and chicken fingers.
Mrs. Henry’s Treat Shop and the Commissariat Store will also be open for snacks, confection and refreshments.
The Commissariat Store located in the Lower Fort and Mrs. Henry’s Treat Shop in the Advanced Battery will be open.
The Story Behind the Pumpkins
The carved pumpkins you will see at Pumpkinferno are realistic, artificial pumpkins, whose forms have been shaped from molds of real pumpkins.
The pumpkins have been designed and carved by a talented group of young artists from the Eastern Ontario region. These designers and carvers were selected based on their penchant for design, whether in their field of study or as a personal hobby. They embark on this monumental project every spring, designing, carving, and constructing the amazing array of pumpkin-carved installations you will discover on your tour. Each spring through summer, a group of new and returning designer/carvers create all that you will see that is new and vibrant, added to our collection of amazing exhibits at Pumpkinferno!
Health & Safety Measures
Guests are encouraged to self-assess their health and encouraged to not visit our attractions if there is any possibility that they may have contracted or have come into contact with COVID-19.