Main Season Opening Date
We’re excited to announce the partial reopening of Fort Henry National Historic Site on Saturday, May 22, 2021. Our rich history is home to tales of passion and determination. We’re proud to say that we have endured once again!
We will be offering modified programming with Self-Guided Tours, in addition to rifle firing demonstrations, music demonstrations, and gun firings and artillery demonstrations. Our talented Senior Fort Henry Guard will be stationed throughout the Fort to offer interpretation experiences.
Tickets must be purchased online or via phone.
Available for download below.
Keep in mind that your upcoming visit will be different than in past seasons. So plan ahead and be prepared.
Mandatory Masking in Indoor Public Spaces
All visitors to Fort Henry will be required to wear a face-covering or mask when entering any of our indoor spaces. This is an added measure to the existing safety measures in place at the Fort.
For more information and exemptions, click here.
What is the address / directions to Fort Henry?
- Located at 1 Fort Henry Drive, Kingston, Ontario
- For directions, please visit https://www.forthenry.com/plan-your-visit/directions/
What are your hours of operation?
- 10:00 am to 4:30 pm (last admission at 4 pm), 7 days a week
- Subject to change.
What type of programming will you provide?
- We will be offering modified programming with Self-Guided Tours as part of our reopening. Our talented Senior Fort Henry Guard will be stationed throughout the Fort to offer interpretation experiences.
What is the cost of admission?
- Adult (19-64): $15
- Senior/Student/Youth: $13
- Military with ID: $10
- Payment process will be as touchless as possible. We encourage online ticket purchase or the use of debit and credit.
How can I purchase tickets?
- Tickets will be available online at www.FortHenry.com
- Tickets will also be available for purchase at the ticket booth upon arrival.
- Fort Henry maps will be available for visitors upon arrival and can also be downloaded from our website directly to your phone.
Will parking be available?
- Parking is available at no charge on site. All visitor and vehicle access to our parking lot and public spaces will be open as well.
Will washrooms be available?
- Washrooms will be available in the Advanced Battery. Our team will be cleaning frequently, the door will be left open as all stalls are independently contained with a sink and toilet.
Will there be guidelines for physical distancing?
- All visitors will have to follow physical distancing rules as mandated by the Ontario Government. You must stay 2 meters or 6 feet away from others. Staff will monitor and educate customers on physical distancing rules.
Will there be any screening of visitors for COVID-19 upon arrival to ensure the safety of other visitors?
- Visitors will be required to self-assess their health and will be encouraged to not visit our attractions if there is any possibility that they may have contracted or have come into contact with Covid-19. Messaging for this requirement will be reinforced both on our website as well as with signage onsite.
What measures are you taking to ensure the safety of your staff and visitors?
Additional measures that have been undertaken are:
- Visitors may bring their own personal protective equipment.
- Programming has been modified to provide a touchless experience as much as possible. Where this is unavoidable, hand washing or sanitizing stations are available.
- Enhanced cleaning practices throughout the tour route and restrooms.
- Many other steps have been taken in consultation with Public Health authorities, in line with Provincial Guidelines.
Will we still be given reciprocal tickets to the Upper Canada Village/Fort Henry?
- The reciprocal program for free admission to Upper Canada Village or Fort Henry will not be available until further notice.
Are pets permitted?
- Only service animals are permitted.