We will be introducing our fall programming from Monday, September 6th to Sunday, October 10th. Enjoy a self-guided tour, along with rifle demonstrations taking place at 11:30 am, 2:30 pm, and 4:00 pm.
Proceed to Mrs. Henry's Treatshop upon arrival to Fort Henry for check-in and site map pick-up.
For the first time ever, Fort Henry will also be transformed into the enchanted wonderland that is Pumpkinferno. Guests of all ages will tour the spectacular outdoor experience of glowing pumpkins inside the walls of this historic site.
Tickets will go on sale on September 7th, 2021!
Before You Visit During The Summer
How can I purchase tickets?
- Tickets must be purchased online prior to arrival and will not be available at admissions.
- Tickets are non-refundable.
What is the cost of admission?
- General admission: $15 (plus HST)
- Military: $12 (plus HST)
- Children (0-4): Free
What is the address / directions to Fort Henry?
- Located at 1 Fort Henry Drive, Kingston, Ontario.
- For directions, please click here.
What are your hours of operation?
- 10:00 am to 4:30 pm (last admission at 3:30 pm), 7 days a week
What type of programming will you provide?
- We will be offering modified programming with self-guided tours. A few talented Fort Henry Guard will be stationed throughout the Fort to offer interpretation experiences, in addition to indoor spaces being open to guests.
Will parking be available?
- Parking is available at no charge on site. All visitor and vehicle access to our parking lot and public spaces will be open as well.
What happens if it rains?
- Daily programming at Fort Henry is an outdoor self-guided experience and will be offered rain or shine. If you wish to postpone your visit due to inclement weather, please contact us via the below button in advance of your visit to exchange your ticket for a different date and time. Please note that a date change request will only be accepted prior to ticket redemption or arrival onsite. Tickets are non-refundable.
Will washrooms be available?
- Washrooms will be available in the Advanced Battery. Our team will be cleaning frequently, door will be left open as all stalls are independently contained with sink and toilet.
Do you have maps available online?
- Fort Henry maps can be downloaded from our website directly to your mobile device.
Health & Safety Measures
Will there be any screening of guests for COVID-19 upon arrival to ensure safety of other guests?
- Guests will be required to self-assess their health and will be encouraged not to visit our attraction if there is any possibility that they may have contracted or have come into contact with COVID-19.
Will there be guidelines for physical distancing?
- All guests will have to follow physical distancing rules as mandated by the Ontario Government. You must stay 2 metres or 6 feet away from others. Staff will monitor and educate guests on physical distancing rules.
What measures are you taking to ensure the safety of your staff and guests?
Additional measures that have been undertaken are:
- Programming has been modified to provide a touchless experience as much as possible. Where this is unavoidable, hand washing or sanitizing stations are available.
- Cleaning practices have been enhanced throughout the tour route and washrooms.
- Many other steps have been taken in consultation with Kingston, Frontenac and Lennox & Addington Public Health, in line with provincial guidelines.
- Guests may bring their own personal protective equipment; gloves, masks and/or face coverings, hand sanitizer and disinfectant cleaning products if they wish.
Will food and beverage be available?
- Yes! Fresh baked goods will be available for purchase, made here at Fort Henry 1867 style sold at the Commissariat Store.
- Please note that the Battery Bistro along and BeaverTails / Soldier's Canteen are closed.
- For more information regarding dining options at Fort Henry, click here.
Will retail shops be available?
- Along with two retail spaces, Mrs. Henry’s Treatshop and the Garrison Store located in the Advanced Battery, we are also proud to welcome Senor Style and W.C. Creatives – Indigenous art shop to Fort Henry.
Are pets permitted?
- Only service animals are permitted.